Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Thump Thump Thump

Did you hear that? That was the sound of me, patting myself on the back. That's right, I deserve a little pat on the back, for a job well done.

This evening I called Tattoo Guy back (he had called me yesterday afternoon) and I knew that this would have to be the conversation. For those who know me well, you know that I avoid confrontation at all costs. I desperately need to do the right thing at all times, and upsetting someone is not the "right thing". But I was steadfast and honest and told him that I really enjoy spending time with him, but that I don't feel the romantic chemistry. He said that he'd had similar thoughts (which I figured since he hadn't tried to jump my bones on the last date), and was just waiting to see how I felt. So we're all good, and I made the initial effort by inviting him on a friendly outting this weekend.

It feels so good to do the right thing, and to do it without dragging anything out or avoiding any calls. This is the direction in which I was hoping to start heading when I started this exercise, and I'm proud of myself for staying the course.

One down, one to go. I've just got to write the email to Friend Guy now.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Cute Blog! Great Idea!


Brenda Della Casa
lolaspaghetti.blogspot.com