Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Take It Back

Okay, so I know that I said I wasn't going to talk about Tall Guy anymore, unless I heard from him. But, the thing is, I lied. Oops!

I am seriously demoralized by this experience. I don't know if you guys understand this entirely. I am the WORLD'S BEST FIRST DATE. I swear to god, it's the truth. I have never had a first date that was unsuccessful because of me. I know this sounds really bitchy and boastful, but it's just the truth. I can talk to anyone about anything and feel comfortable for approximately 2 hours. I can even pep up bad, lagging conversation with someone who seems to be almost consciously resisting my charms. But I think Tall Guy is my kryptonite. That, and a lack of sleep, plus too much caffiene. But I'm mostly blaming it on him.

The thing is: I never expected to meet anyone I was actually interested in when I started this whole experiment. It was more for the purpose of practicing basic dating skills that it was for actually meeting someone.

And then Tall Guy comes along, gets my hopes up, puts them into his pocket, runs to the top of the US Bank building and drops them right off of the roof.

Once again, maybe this is all a bit of hyperbole, but I'm still stinging from my perceived First Date Failure. *sigh* And as I am in the middle of this huge overreaction, I'm allowing it to extend to everyone else that I've been dating and/or talking to. I don't feel like talking to any of them anymore. I'm thinking, "Do I really have to go out with three guys in the next week?" I'm thinking, "Maybe I should just give it all up and sit at home for the next month watching the first seasons of Veronica Mars and Grey's Anatomy over and over again."

Ah, how the mighty do fall.

No comments: