Friday, May 26, 2006

Regarding My New Boyfriend

aka Tall Guy. Okay, I'm kidding about the New Boyfriend part, but in anticipation of our monumentally important second date, I thought I would write a little Ode to Tall Guy diatribe.

I didn't actually really discuss the first date with Tall Guy, as I was far too concerned with self-flagellation over my self-annointed idiotic behavior. Here are some reasons why I think Tall Guy should be my New Boyfriend:

1. He's tall. I mean, really tall. I-can-wear-four-inch-heels-and-still-have-to-look-way-up-at-him-tall.
2. He's polite. He texted me (he texts! Yay!) just before arriving for the date, to apologize that parking was making him late.
3. I decided early on that I was talking too much, and said to him, "Tell me a story." Without balking or anything, he said "Okay" and told a damn high-larious story about accidentally joining the gay pride section of a diversity parade when he first moved to LA. I LOVE a guy that can think on his feet.
4. He likes great things like music and books and movies that I like. Also, he used to play basketball with one of my all-time crushes, Tim Olyphant.
5. He lives at the beach.
6. He loves his family but they're not super close, so when we get married I can make him come to holiday functions with my family, because we all know that there's no way anyone is going to get me to give up my holidays with my family.
7. He's got his ears pierced. I don't know if you all know this, but I'm stupidly attracted to pierced ears, but I have no idea why. And it can never been one (unless he's Ed Bradley), it must be two.
8. He always calls me right when he gets off of work. I'm sure that's just the most convenient time to call (I like to make all my calls from the car too, so I can veg when I get home), but it still makes me feel like I'm the first person he wants to talk to when he's off.

Anyway, it better stay warm, because we're drinking sangria on the patio at LaLa's at 6:30. Can't wait!

Lyrics of the Day
"And I can't fight this feeling anymore, I've forgotten what I started fighting for." REO Speedwagon Can't Fight This Feeling

No comments: