Sunday, May 28, 2006

I Have a Dream

Or at least, I had one last night. Now I know that I'm supposed to be posting about my 2nd date with Tall Guy (now renamed, My New Boyfriend), but I need to get my oil changed and I wanted to get the bits of this dream down before they float away entirely.

The dream was about my third date with My New Boyfriend. We were hanging out, and being very affectionate, and having a ton of fun. I was finding myself, in the dream, liking him more and more. Then he has to leave, because of work (which always seems to be the case in real life too). We're walking out and he stops and looks at me. He says, "I don't want to sound weird or anything, but are you serious?" I gave him a blank look and he went on, saying that I am so amazing, and that he's never met someone like me, anyone as smart as I am, blah blah blah. I found myself melting in puddle at his feet. I told him the feeling was mutual, and that, "I guess those eHarmony people really have some stuff figured out." So we laughed and kissed and were really lovey-dovey, makes-you-want-to-throw-up-unless-you're-part-of-the-couple, cute and I was driving him back to his apartment. This date was somehow taking place during Memorial Day weekend, and he said he wanted to see me Monday as soon as he got off of work. I knew my sis would be pissed, because I would be leaving the pool party (that we may actually be going to), but I was going to meet him anyway. That was pretty much the end. For some reason though, he was in Med School. I don't know why - maybe my head is mixing up my Tall Boyfriend Fantasy with my Marry a Doctor Fantasy. I guess it can get kinda confusing. I'm surprised that George Clooney didn't pop up in there somehow.

Anyway, I know that's setting the bar a little high, like in the outter layers of the atmosphere high, but it was probably the best romantic dream I've had in longer than I can remember. I think it means that I feel like there's hope for me yet - I don't have to resign myself to a life surrounded by cats.

Lyrics of the Day
"I'm not like the girls that you've known, but I believe I'm worth coming home to." Tori Amos Sleeps With Butterflies

No comments: