Friday, May 26, 2006

Inspired Blogging

I feel like I have so much to say, but I'm always afraid of belaboring points and/or scaring people with excessively long posts. So I'll fit as much in here as I deem prudent, then I'll maybe update one more time if I still have all sorts of fantastic things to say.

Last night I was in the Taco Bell drive-thru (don't judge me!) and I saw: 1) A man lying on his side on the pavement. He looked like he could be dead. Or just a homeless guy who left his newspaper/old blanket/empty bottle collection somewhere. 2) Two teenage indie-loner looking boys making out in a Saturn. 3) A strange hippie looking guy smoking and lounging on the grass right by the "Drive-Thru --->" sign. And people wonder why I want to move out of Hollywood. This TB is half a mile from my house. Also it's right next door to the Goodwill where all the drag queens and transvestites in Hollywood shop.

I completed my second Polite Decline task of the week and shot a nice rejection email to Friend Guy yesterday morning. I still felt kinda guilty about it, but not as guilty as I would have felt if I had wasted his time by going on one date with him and then blowing him off. I give myself a Good Dating Etiquette Gold Star for this week.

I've been obsessively reading this blog on Nerve.com this week, I have a link to it in my blog links section, but for some reason I don't think it works. Anyway, the blogger is a 29 year old girl in NYC. Nerve does this thing where they pick people to blog for them about their dating experiences on the site and then readers vote for which blogs they like best and the blogs with the highest scores get to keep going. The lowest ones are voted off in favor of fresh new faces. This girl, her blog name is Girlgonemad, has been going since May '04, so I have plenty to keep me busy with reading 2 years of entries. It's actually really life-affirming to do this stuff. You get a window into someone else's life, and it makes you feel less alone and more normal than you feel when you're constantly in your own head all day long. She's got some dating patterns and problems that are very similar to my own, which makes reading the blog almost like an instructional thing. Basically, I now have a huge girl-crush on her and want to be her when I grow up.

Cute Chinese Guy called me yesterday to invite me to an Arctic Monkeys concert on Saturday June 3. I hate to be a bitch, but I'm just not sure that I want to give up that Saturday night, plus I have this bad feeling that there's a bunch of stuff that I'm supposed to do. I totally screwed up and told him I'd give him the answer today - which I'm not sure I can. I don't know if you understand the precious nature of my weekend nights, and why I'm so reluctant to give up a Saturday night. It's also because, and men would yell so much about this, but he's calling me too much. I'm really gun-shy, and there's just a bit too much attention for someone I've gone on one-and-a-half dates with. I'll update more when I make a final decision. Plus, you know, Tall Guy.

So I've decided my friend the Figa Master (don't ask, it's too long a story) is the best male girl-friend in the world. Not only can I sit around and watch stupid TV with him and have it be fun, and we can get crappy take-out food or sushi together, and we play drinking dirty-word Scrabble - but I can ask him what shoes to wear. I asked, should I wear the short heels or the tall heels. He didn't just give me a non-committal answer like most guys would do, he had me model both shoes and then actually gave me an honest opinion on which ones I should wear. If he didn't have that pesky penis, we'd be BFF and braiding each others hair while we talked about George Clooney all night long.

Lyrics of the Day
"I had a drink the other day, opinions were like kittens I was giving them away and I had a drink the other day, I had a lot to say." Modest Mouse Out of Gas

No comments: