Monday, May 22, 2006

After the Storm

Isn't it supposed to be sunny and 70's all the time in SoCal? I don't know how they're getting away with letting it rain in May, but hopefully this is the last of it and we'll actually get some beach weather sometime soon.

But getting to the point: I had my 4th (and final) date with Tattoo Guy on Saturday evening. I met him at his apartment complex, where I met a few of his many friendly neighbors. I'm really jealous of the social nature of the place, I wish my neighbors were of the friendly sort! We then walked down into Los Feliz for Mexican food, which was good stuff. I was in a great mood and slightly caffienated, so it was a good conversation. Then we went back to his place for a small glass of wine before I had to run to Malibu for Julie's birthday party. Just when things could have gotten messy (sitting alone, on the couch, drinking wine) I was saved by the pager! I think it's the only time I've ever been relieved to have that thing go off. So it was a quick peck goodbye and a thank you and I was off.

Okay, you're wondering why I didn't have the promised "talk" with him. Well, I thought this over very carefully and got some advice before I made the decision, but I know that I'm doing the right thing. First off, I paid lots of extra attention on the date, feeling out whether I thought it was at all possible to become attracted to him romantically. It's not. I just don't feel that chemistry there. But I thought, it would be really wrong of me to go through the motions of making a date, then tell him half-way through that I'm not interested. It would be like the entire date was set up under false pretenses and that's just not how I want to operate. So the plan is to tell him the deal when he calls me next and hope that he's up for being friends. I know I've said it 1000 times, but I really do think he's a lot of fun and I'm hoping to hang out with him on a friendly basis. So we'll see what happens.

Lyrics of the Day
"So one last touch and then you'll go, and we'll pretend that it meant something so much more." Death Cab For Cutie Tiny Vessels

No comments: