Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wrenches, Wrenches Everywhere

Let me first clarify that it's not that I don't want to go on Date #3 with Cute Chinese Guy. It's just that I really didn't want to commit this particular Saturday night to the date. And now there are additional problems and I am going to have to change the date.

My girl Elisesetfire is staying in town for an extra day or two in honor of the birthday party that I wasn't going to be able to attend. Since I hardly get to see her, and she's one of my closest friends, I feel like it would be wrong and stupid to miss out on hanging with her that night. So my solution is this: call Cute Chinese Guy and tell him the deal. Say that I'm sorry, but it would be fabulous if he wanted to join me at the party instead of going to the concert. I feel slightly less bad about it since he got the tix for free and he just received them. I do have terrible guilty complexes about doing this sort of thing in general - but I staunchly refuse to be that person that picks boys over friends. Boyfriend, date or whatnot - it's Ho's Before Bro's. Everyone knows that.

In advance, please forgive me for the lyrics today, but I HAD to do it.

Lyrics of the Day
"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends. Make it last forever, friendship never ends." Spice Girls Wannabe

No comments: