Thursday, June 29, 2006

That's Gotta Be Embarrassing

I've been talking to a guy on Match for a little bit, who I hadn't talked about or given a name to, because I wasn't sure I was that interested. Then he was conspicuously absent for a few days, and so I wrote him off. Today he emailed me back, saying sorry he'd been really busy. Then he went on to say that he didn't know if I realized it, but we already knew each other. We had met in a bar in Santa Monica a couple of years ago and gone out a couple of times. He said he was even on my MySpace friends list. He said, "I think we saw Sideways together." Then he gave me his number "in case I lost it" and said to call him if I wanted to hang out again.

The thing is: I don't know him. He's not on my friend list on MySpace. I'm extremely strict about my MySpace friends - if I don't actually know you and I haven't talked to you in-person before, then we are not "friends". No bands, no random people looking to increase their friend count. And I know that I went to see Sideways with a friend of mine - not on a date. Plus, I've never actually forgotten someone I've dated before.

I sent him back an email saying as much. I'm interested to see what he has to say, or if he'll be embarrassed and won't reply.

Lyrics of the Day

"And anyone can tell, you think you know me well. Well, you don't know me." Ray Charles You Don't Know Me

No comments: