Friday, June 02, 2006

Ahoy Matey

Date number two with Sailor Guy was surprisingly good. As I said before, it really could just be the Freddy Rodriguez thing, but I'm just starting to think that he's really adorable. Not Cary-Grant-handsome, but puppies-and-bunnies-adorable. I know that sounds condescending, but I don't mean it that way. We had sushi at a little place near my house, so I walked there to meet him. We sat on the patio and had some Asahi, some good conversation and a butt-load of sushi. Again, he insisted on paying, which sincerely just continues to surprise me. I have an acquaintance who used to live in NYC and said that when she dated there, they would always go dutch. But she found when she moved to LA, that the men always paid. She said she never paid for a date in LA. I'm not sure what the source of the cultural divide is, but it interests me...

I'm really doing my best to maintain an open mind during each date, and throughout the evening, I really found myself growing to like Sailor Guy. He has a cute way of talking, does all sorts of great things and has great stories about them, and works in the medical field so he can totally relate to my life. BUT, and unfortunately, there is a "but", the goodnight kiss was not what I would have hoped. I told my sis the situation and she said to veto him right away. But I'm reluctant to cut it off so quickly. It wasn't the WORST kissing in the world, it just wasn't paced the way I would have liked it to be. But men are trainable right? I'm not going to write him off as a lost cause just yet...

Lyrics of the Day
"I rip the tongue right out your mouth kissing you goodbye." Best Kissers in the World She Won't Get Under Me Til I Get Over You

No comments: