Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Random Snippets

This is just a bunch of stuff that has been rattling around my brain all day, that I felt the irrepressible urge to share:

  • I have my date with Mr. Hawaii tonight, but I am seriously dragging ass today. I don't know what my problem is, but I feel like I could fall asleep at any moment. I'm going to try to remedy that with caffeine, because I want to give him a fair shot and not yawn through every conversation.

  • I wanted to mention, Blue Shirt and Hollywood Poseur visited The Sister at work last Saturday night. Blue Shirt tried to ask The Sister out, and invited her to join them at Spasmatics on Sunday night. We agonized over this, because I knew that if we went alone, I would be stuck talking to HP all night long unless I opted to be really rude and just walk away. Fortunately we got too drunk at Barney's to follow through on Spasmatics anyway - Crisis averted!

  • The longer I write this blog, the more I feel the need to share. When I look back on my old posts - I had a talent for brevity that seems to have escaped me. But I like sharing, and my mama taught me that it is the nice thing to do, so I shall continue.

  • My apartment building is having its "annual" landlord inspection (I put annual in quotes because I've lived here for over two years and this is the first time it's happened) on Friday, so I am actually forced to do something about the state of my place. It's a good thing, but a bad week for it to happen. I did some cleaning last night and will suck it up and do as much more as is humanly possible tomorrow night. Ick.

  • I have psychic influence over the Emergency Room at my hospital. Every time I let the thought, Gosh, I haven't been in the ER for a few days now, flit into my head they call me that day. Like today. 15 minutes after I was already supposed to have gone home.

Lyrics of the Day

"I smoke and I drink and every time I blink, I have a tiny dream." Ani DiFranco Grey

No comments: