Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Not to Delight in Other People's Misfortunes

But, well, sometimes bad news for one person is good news for another.

There are not many attractive people in my workplace. I hate to disappoint you readers, but most hospitals do not have employees who look like the cast of Grey's Anatomy. (Except for Yours Truly) But, there are a couple of hotties hiding in the woodwork, if you know where to look. One of these hotties is an English gentleman who is a nurse on one of the patient floors. He's absolutely adorable, and has that to-die-for English accent. Brit Nurse has mentioned things about both a significant other and a son before, so I wrote him off as unavailable (but still VERY nice to look at).

Today, I ran into Brit Nurse on the floor and asked how he was, mentioning that I hadn't seen him in a while. He said that he had scheduled himself for only a couple of days last week because of the football games (it's World Cup season - for anyone who's not addicted to sports news radio like I am) and also that he and his girlfriend had broken up. I'm not sure if it's that we've always gotten along and I'm a good listener, or if (as my student hypothesized) he wanted to let me know 'cuz I'm so darn cute, but he proceeded to tell me the all of the heartbreaking details of the end of his relationship.

Obviously, I don't wish heartbreak on anyone, but from what he told me, he deserves better. Someone like me! Well, maybe that's taking it a little far, but it does give me license to turn up the flirting charm whenever I see him now. You never know, I could be the Rebound Girl that he's always dreamed of.

No comments: