Thursday, July 06, 2006

More MySpace Stalking

Did you know that the number one search phrase that brings Googlers to my blog is "myspace stalking"? I think that's fairly creepy when you try to analyze that. Why would someone Google "myspace stalking"? Do they want to do it? Do they want to find out if everyone else is doing it? Are they looking for the elusive software that will allow them to illegally track exactly who is viewing their MySpace page? (MySpace is adamantly against this - they view it as a violation of privacy, and thank goodness because I don't need ex-boyfriends knowing that I view their pages 4 or 6 times a day. Okay, I don't really do that, I swear. No, really, I don't!) Whatever the reason, I just did a little MySpace stalking of my own...

I looked up McDreamy, just for fun, and to see if I could learn anything additional about him from his MySpace page. It was yet another let-down in the McDreamy story. Not only does it have very little information about him at all, but the pictures are the exact same ones he has on Match. Also, he even references his Match profile - telling interested parties that they should check him out there for more info. *sigh* I just don't see this one going anywhere. And he seemed so promising for those 18 magical hours before we talked on the phone. He's supposed to call me "later this week" to see if we're getting together this weekend. Later this week, to me, means tonight or else I'm making other plans. I actually am supposed to get together with Tattoo Guy on whichever day (Friday or Sunday) that I'm not going to see McDreamy. It's just a friends thing with Tattoo Guy, of course, but I'm actually looking forward to it. I think I'm giving McD an 8pm deadline, then I'm going to call Tattoo Guy and see if he wants to grab a drink tomorrow night.

AlienSpider brought up the idea of meeting up, so that will happen, but probably not until after next week. I'm fairly sure that I haven't told y'all - I'm leaving town for the second half of next week. Thursday and Friday I'm going to be in Las Vegas with my mom and godmother and Friday night through Sunday I'm going to be in Napa Valley doing some wine tastings with a bunch of the girls. It's right in the middle of a prime dating week for me, but it's going to be very worth it. So, after that the first date with AlienSpider and the second date with Mr. Hawaii will be on the schedule.

But hey, if none of this works out in the end, I always have someone to fall back on:






Max, my Non-Human Life Partner







Lyrics of the Day

"Every word you say, every game you play, every night you stay, I'll be watching you." The Police Every Breath You Take

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could be because John B has just released a tracked called "I've been stalking you on myspace" - John B I imagine is both more popular than actual stalking on myspace and your journal! But hey, who knows.

LB said...

Scary that MySpace stalking actually warrants a song! Who would've thunk it?

Anonymous said...

Go listen to it - it's quite good.
http://www.myspace.com/johnbbeta - He'd possibly make the most interesting addition to your e-dating experiment. Stalk him... on myspace.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I typed in "stalking you on myspace lyrics" to find the words to this song I heard and you popped up. xD (Judging by the other comments, I'm not the only one that found you this way. >_>) Well...either way...happy stalking!