Monday, July 17, 2006

Back in Action, Part One

Here I am, FINALLY back from my travels and my craziness and ready to jump back into filling you in on my oh-so-fabulous adventures. I'm going to try to remember everything that I should be disclosing here.

Let's go back to the subject of the beach camping party. I sent out the Sunset Crew pics on Wednesday, and did indeed get a response back from one of the guys that we met. So hopefully some social plans with them can be arranged and I can have an opportunity to hang out with the cute one some more.

Tuesday night last week I had my second date with Mr. Hawaii. I'm trying very hard to work on my ability to give people a real chance before deciding compatibility, and Mr. H is really an exercise for this reason. He's so sweet, and fun to talk to for the most part, but he started this thing on Tuesday night that was driving me nuts. Every time we would find a point about which we disagreed, he'd say something to the effect of "well, that's it, it's over, nice knowing you." And for some reason, we found a lot of these points on Tuesday, so I probably heard that refrain about 7 or 8 times. He hates thrill-seeking things like roller-coasters (which I love), he likes comedy that I consider boring, he likes Tom Hanks (who I consider to be very boring), etc. I just tried to brush past his remarks, because I didn't want to be baited into any other sort of reaction. I wondered a little if he was fishing for reassurance - like he wanted me to say "oh no, I'm sure we can work past this" or something, but I didn't want to go that far. I did find out something very valuable though: we met at one of my favorite sushi restaurants - Katsu-Ya in Studio City. It turns out, the key to amazing sushi at a place like that is to let the waitress order something for you. We asked if there was another type of sashimi dish to try, and the waitress asked if she could choose something for us and it was incredible. All in all, it was an enjoyable date. I just have to think a little on whether it seems wise to go out with him again.

Okay, consider this Part One. In fact, I'm going to rename this Part One and I'll continue the stories in just a bit...

No comments: