Friday, August 25, 2006

The Weekend Ahead

This weekend will bring a mixed-bag of events, and of emotions as well. First and foremost, my fabulous friend SJP is leaving me! She's going off to Harvard on Monday to go to grad school, so she's having her going-away extravaganza tonight. It's hard to believe that she'll be gone, even though it's only for a year. We've been friends for so much of my time in LA that I'm having a hard time imagining the city without her. The upside is that I'll get to visit her in Boston, where I've never been.

Sunday is The Sister's birthday, so Saturday night is going to be her birthday celebration. I have very mixed feelings about spending the whole weekend with her. It's going to be fun, of course, but she's also going through boy-turmoil, and I don't know how much of that I'm going to be able to tolerate. I'm of the school of thought that if it takes that much effort, and if you have that hard of a time getting along and being happy, then you're not with the right person. But she's more stubborn about breaking up with people than anyone I know, so there's bound to be further drama before things finally come to an end. That said, there are some good activities on the menu - haircuts and shopping tomorrow, the bar tomorrow night, brunch on Sunday morning and the Silverlake street fair (or something) on Sunday afternoon. The Sis says that Cheese will be there in Silverlake, but I am promising myself not to get all involved in my attraction to him. No more unavailable men, damn it! That's an order!

I've invited The Figa Master and Red to join me at The Sis's birthday, so I'll have some moral support and partners in crime. Now, if I can just remember that picking up guys in bars is useless, I'll be okay.

Lyrics of the Day

"Silently closing her bedroom door, leaving the note that she hoped would say more, she goes downstairs to the kitchen clutching her handkerchief. Quietly turning the backdoor key, stepping outside she is free." The Beatles She's Leaving Home

No comments: