Monday, August 21, 2006

Uneventful

Strangely, though I did plenty this weekend to keep busy and saw many of my friends; I don't really have anything exciting to report. The Sister was asking me yesterday how my friend's birthday party was on Saturday night, and I couldn't really think of anything to say except: it was fun. The same goes for my other friend's birthday party on Friday night. Aside from feeling very strange being surrounded by a sea of "Silverlake Hipsters" (think long, faux-messy hair, super-skinny jeans, pre-ripped t-shirts, $200 items of clothing made to look like they came from a yard sale) and hitting McD's at 4 am with the girls, there just wasn't anything about my weekend to warrant an actual story. *sigh*

I'm going on my third, and probably final, date with Mr. Hawaii tomorrow night. I'm going to make a valiant effort to break pattern, and tell him on the date that I'm no longer into it. Of course, I'll say it as nicely and tactfully as I can - because that's how I am. I think that I've sort of [un]intentionally been getting my lack-of-enthusiasm across to both Mr. H and AlienSpider with my reluctant communication. But that's really more a result of my post-Montana hermiting than anything else.

I'm still riding high on my realization that it's okay to be picky, so it's allowing me to feel just a little less guilt than usual over the fact that I just can't get excited about Mr. H or AS. Which is a welcome relief. Now, if I could just meet someone I'm actually interested in, I'd be getting somewhere.

Lyrics of the Day

"And all you see is where else you could be when you're at home. There on the street, are so many possibilities to not be alone." Death Cab For Cutie Your Heart is an Empty Room

No comments: