Monday, December 04, 2006

Something's in the Air

Maybe it's the fact that I'm desperately hoping to leave Los Angeles in the next six months. Maybe it's the fact that I've been feeling really good about myself lately. Maybe it's the fact that I put my hair in pigtails. Maybe it's the fact that I somehow feel like I've got nothing to lose.

I don't know what it is exactly, but I have just been darn near irresistible lately. I told you all about the other weekend at football, when my congested head was a total guy-magnet - well, things don't seemed to have changed with the shift of my head-cold into a super-fun sinus infection.

After a completely frustrating morning yesterday (being called in to work both before my Redskins game and at half-time), I was really cranky. I was on the brink of falling in love with a new Redskins fan that joined our little corner of craziness at Barney's yesterday (this guy is ridiculously cute and hopefully I'll have another chance with him next week), when I was paged into work. I put work off for an hour so I could watch the rest of the game, but I was so worried about getting yelled at for taking too long to get to work that I didn't really get to enjoy the second half. Of course, the fact that my team got slaughtered in the second half didn't help either.

I managed to shake off all my crankiness by the time I got to Big Wang's last night for the Broncos game. Shortly after getting settled on the large sectional couch in the back, a group of three guys started talking to my Broncos girls and I. Two of them were pretty cute and the third was the Funny Guy/class clown type. Somehow, for a good while during the evening, all three of them were hitting on me. Of course, this is in no small part due to the fact that I was the girl that was paying attention to them, but that did nothing to dampen the self-esteem boost that I was getting. I noticed very early on that one of the pretty cute ones was hammered. And I don't mean that he was just sorta drunk. I mean that he was slurring his words, saying ridiculously inappropriate things to just about everyone, and he actually managed to fall off of his stool at one point, nearly taking an entire table with him.

So, the question of the day is - who was hitting on me most persistently? The Hammered Guy. Who was I actually interested in? The other cute guy, who was actually really cute and from Nebraska and funny and well-spoken.

Ten bucks to anyone who can guess what Nebraska wants to be when he grows up.

Have I mentioned that I totally give up on dating in LA?

Of course, the only one I'm really interested in is an actor. Would it really be a normal night out for me if that wasn't the case?

In the end, I didn't give my number to any of them, though that was only half-way by choice. I would've given it to Nebraska if he had asked, but he didn't. Hammered Guy gave it a shot, and I was halfway through trying to nicely shoot him down when he finally figured out that I wasn't interested. Maybe in real life he's a sweet, intelligent person, but I have no desire to give my number to someone who spent half the night nearly drooling on himself and the other half saying mostly incoherent sexual innuendos or yelling homophobic epithets at any player that happened to be on-screen at the time. Charming.

The topper is that as soon as the three guys left, someone else immediately turned his attention to me. That's right - The Kid was with us for the whole game and as per usual was quite interested in me after noticing that I wasn't interested in him. He asked me where I've been, told me he missed me. Then he proceeded to put his mouth to my ear and whisper what was essentially nonsense, in the interest of watching me squirm. Cruel. Did I take the bait? Eh, not really. I've been down this road before.

So, it seems the word is out. I'm back on the market, ready to go on a date or two and it seems that there are some options out there.

Lyrics of the Day

"My mom says I'm a catch, I'm popular." Nada Surf Popular

No comments: