Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Slow Start

I am just now starting to realize that I may have picked a rather inopportune time to begin my internet dating quest anew. This is not to say, not by any means, that I am giving up - it's just that things probably won't really get going until I get back into town after the holidays.

I've been terribly distracted ever since the initial excitement/disappointment of finding the first really appealing guy on Nerve. It's been a combination of things, but I just haven't been able to get my head back in the game. First and painfully foremost, I got my butt kicked at work last week and all weekend. By yesterday morning I was so exhausted and sleep-deprived that I could hardly function. Fortunately things were quiet yesterday and I was able to sneak out early and get some real sleep. Secondly, my brain is quite focused on going home to Montana for Christmas. I just can't wait to see my friends, my parents, some snow and some hot Montana boys. Thirdly (is that even a word?), I have been spending some time with The Kid.

Now, wait, hold on a second. This is totally not what you think.

Or maybe it is. I guess it depends on how perceptive you are.

I promise you that I have neither changed my stance on dating actors, nor on my belief that The Kid is not dating material. I stand firm in both of those areas. But, you see, it's just that - well - I'm finding it to be really nice to have a friendship with him that's just so... beneficial to us both. We may not be intellectually or romantically compatible, really at all, but the other way in which we are compatible makes it worthwhile to hang out every so often. Plus, we can talk about football. Most of my other guy friends don't get that at all.

Of course, my involvement with The Kid will not interfere with or delay my future internet dating efforts. If I actually end up meeting someone, then The Kid and I can just go back to being friends of the non-beneficial nature. No harm, no foul.

I have been talking to one boy online so far, who is coincidentally from my hometown in Montana. We've basically just been chatting about MT, but yesterday he dropped me a note suggesting that we get together for coffee after the holidays and reminisce about living in Big Sky Country. I can't even begin to guess if he's interested in me or if he's just looking for a Montana connection. I'm up for it, as he seems like a nice guy, so we'll see what happens.

Until then, I'm off to Montana tomorrow morning! I'm so excited that I can hardly handle it, and hopefully I'll have some entertaining dispatches from the road for you all over the holidays.

Lyrics of the Day

"Every stranger's face I see reminds me that I long to be homeward bound. I wish I was homeward bound. Home, where my thought's escaping. Home, where my music's playing. Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." Simon & Garfunkel Homeward Bound

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your Montana family! Hope my family can finally get home from Colorado...perfect week for a blizzard.