Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Missing in Action

I haven't meant to be away so long, somehow things have just snowballed for me in the last couple of weeks and my writing time is suffering greatly. I can't believe it's been nearly a week since I've been here. What have I been doing?

I passed my test. Well, not the whole test, because it's a two-part deal, but I did pass the first part of my test on Friday. I'm actually not as excited or relieved about it as I thought I would be, but I think that's because I'm still anticipating having to take the second part, which is going to be much more difficult and involve MUCH more studying. But it is nice to finally be on the road to being able to really get out of LA.

I partied like it's 1999. This weekend was chock-full of Halloween Party Goodness. I speculate that because last year was strangely bereft of good Halloween parties, this year everyone decided to throw one. I went to a haunted house / haunted cornfield on Friday night, followed by a Halloween party with My Husband. We ended up picking up Red between the hauntings and the party and the three of us raised some hell. My Husband had everyone doing tequila shots (except for Yours Truly, because I DO NOT do tequila shots) and he ended up with missing parts of his costume by the end of the night. Red hardly remembers being dropped off at home and barely made it to work on Saturday. Saturday night The Sister and I threw a pumpkin carving party at my place (I promise to post pics of our beee-yooo-tiful pumpkins this week), then Red and I hit one Halloween party, then hooked up with The Sis and her pals for another party. Unfortunately, I did not meet any eligible bachelors at any of these parties, but I did have a ton of fun. If you're wondering, I went as a late 1800's era prostitute, like Trixie on Deadwood.

I bailed out on football this week. I'm still a little ashamed of myself, but I was so tired and had been so social all week that I just couldn't stomach the idea of getting off my couch on Sunday. The Sister and I laid there all day and watched TV. It was fantastic.



By the way, Happy Halloween everyone! I probably haven't mentioned this, but Halloween is near the top of my favorite holidays list. I love to dress up, I love pumpkins and candy and haunted houses, I love scary movies. Tonight I think I'm going to go to Bodega (The Sister's wine bar of employ) for their Halloween gathering, then maybe hit up the crazy street mess that is the West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval. Then, of course, I have to get myself home at a reasonable hour, it is a school night after all.

This Saturday, Red is throwing her birthday bash. My attendance at her bash last year is what really launched our friendship, and this year looks to be an even crazier day/night. I'm helping her set up and am in charge of decorations. Last year I also baked cupcakes and they were enough of a hit that I think I'm going to repeat them this year. This will be an all-day thing, from noon until people pass out, and it's going to be a blast. Last year I actually met a guy at her party and ended up dating him for a while. I'm fairly sure she's invited everyone in creation.

Two and half more weeks until I take my other test (I think). After that, I may just decide that it's time for another dip into that shark-infested dating pool that is LA...

Lyrics of the Day

"From my laboratory in the castle east to the master bedroom where the vampires feast, the ghouls all came from their humble abodes to get a jolt from my electrodes. They did the mash, they did the monster mash." Bobby "Boris" Pickett The Monster Mash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey LB. Enjoy your kick-a*s internet dating blog. Congrats on passing your test. Where ya headed to after LA? Some place with no actors?

If you get the chance, check out my podcast about my own internet dating misadventures: Nante Koto (nantekoto.libsyn.com). Feedback is always appreaciated as well as a backlink if you enjoy the show.

Cheers,
Kit Mikazuki (kitmikazuki@gmail.com)
Nante Koto Podcast (nantekoto.libsyn.com)
Washington, DC