Thursday, November 16, 2006

Stagnation

I am romantically stagnant. There is so little going on in my love life right now that I almost feel like a fraud just for trying to post this week.

After all of my worrying and thinking and anticipating about what might happen with The Kid on Sunday, nothing at all happened. It turned out that he was working in Venice all day long and even though we talked that evening (during the later of the NINE HOURS I spent watching football at the bar), he had no intention of driving back into Hollywood (even though he lives over here). It seems to me that he runs really hot and cold. When I'm acting uninterested or wary, he's all over me, but when I'm interested he's backing off. That spells only one word in my little head: T-R-O-U-B-L-E. And you know what I don't need in my life? T-R-O-U-B-L-E. So I'm giving up that ghost and letting The Kid sniff around some other fire hydrant. This one is Out Of Service.

Today I officially scheduled my second test and I'm going to take it two weeks from today. Hopefully as of November 30 I will be certified in my profession and ready to jump right back into the dating scene. Cross your fingers for me!

Lyrics of the Day

"You may feel alone when you're falling asleep and every time tears roll down your cheeks, but I know your heart belongs to someone you've yet to meet." Death Cab for Cutie Someday You Will Be Loved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your decision to kick The Kid to a different fire hydrant was a good one. Maybe The Man is right around the corner? :)

Cheers,
Kit Mikazuki
Nante Koto Podcast (nantekoto.libsyn.com)
Washington, DC