Friday, November 10, 2006

The Itch

I honestly didn't think that it would happen so soon, though I knew that it would happen sooner or later. I think it would have been the latter, rather than the former, if it hadn't been for Irish. I think he screwed up the whole rotation, and now here I am.

I am itching to date again.

I don't know if it's the social interaction, or the male attention, or the possibility of romance - but there's definitely something tugging at the back of my mind like a toddler that needs to go to the potty. It's whiny and insistent and may just wet its pants if I don't do something about it soon.

But, you see, the thing is - I can't.

I can't do anything much until I pass my test. It's evil and filled with horribly arcane knowledge that no one (with the exception of bioengineers) actually needs floating around in their head for everyday use. So getting it back into my head (back into the space that it once filled, right after I graduated school, and has since vacated in favor of plotlines for The OC, lyrics to Bonnie Tyler's greatest hits and the names of my favorite NFL players) is taking a little more effort than I thought it would.

But I swear, I swear I am going to pass this test. I am going to do it in the next two weeks (or so, depending on scheduling availability). Then I am going to get out there and get my hot ass back on the market!

Lyrics of the Day

"Won't do no good to sing no love song, no sound could simulate the presence of a man." Fiona Apple Carrion

No comments: