Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Damn You, Ice Luge!

I have GOT to stop doing this to myself.

Every weekend (well, at least most weekends when I'm not on-call for work), I overbook myself. I plan a thousand things to do with a thousand people, and usually there are more than a few drinks involved. By the time that Sunday evening rolls around, I'm so tired and alcohol'd-out and damn near punchy that I can't even manage to stay awake after the sun goes down.

Then, painfully and abruptly, it's Monday morning.

I can't remember the last time that I wasn't miserable and dragging some serious ass on a Monday morning. Yesterday crawled by in an exhausted haze that left me more frustrated and impatient than I maybe had any right to be.

This weekend was fun, though nothing came even close to panning out for me in the Romance Department, but damn am I still paying for it. The main reason I'm paying for it?

This is an ice luge. You put your mouth at the bottom and try desperately to drink the alcohol that come cascading down without choking to death. This was the insane main attraction at Red's birthday party on Saturday night and it did some serious damage. One of the oh-so-fun side-effects of the ice luge was that it made The Jerk, a guy that Red was dating, decide that it was a fantastic idea to hit on Red's friends, at her own birthday party. Almost needless to say, I did not take the bait and Red is no longer dating The Jerk. It also made Red, The Sister, Red's neighbor and I think it was a great idea to play drinking games at 3 am after drinking all day long. Did I still kick some serious butt playing Asshole? Of course I did!

And, we still got up on Sunday morning when my alarm went off at 8:30 am. There was no way that we were missing the morning Redskins game at Barney's Beanery. What a game that was!

After another full game in the afternoon, an ill-advised trip to Burger King and picking up Red's dog from his babysitter's place, I finally made it home. I was in bed almost immediately.

Last night, I rallied one more time to watch the Monday Night Football game at Red's house. She still has beer left from the party and invited some friends over for the game and to help drink the beer. One of the friends that she invited was pretty cute, and seemed to be showing some interest in me. He's a little older than I usually date (late 30's), but hey, who knows?

The rest of the week is buckle-down time. I would really like to take the second half of my exam soon - possibly next week - and I haven't even begun to prepare in earnest. I'm on-call all week so I'm going to use the time to stay at home and brush up on physics, physics, physics. Blech.

I also managed to soak my camera with water very early on at Red's party, so I'm am sadly photo-less from the event. We took a ton of pics with Red's camera, but I wasn't able to do my Blog-worthy photography. Super-fortunately for me, my camera dried out and is ready to be put back in action.

Lyrics of the Day

"We went down at the May parade, alcohol under my breath. There is something I've been meaning to do, I am dying to tell you." Guster I Spy

1 comment:

Suz said...

hehe...an Ice Luge! This I've never seen. (My head and stomach thank me for a sheltered world right now).

I'm glad you had fun--too bad men are so stupid. Might be the happiest birthday gift Red got though. Silver linings everywhere! ;)