Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wait a Second Here...

I just got home from The Kid's house.

I know. I have no idea what happened.

I had completely written him off. I was coming to terms with the rejection (albeit rather begrudgingly) and the only thing I was really worrying about was whether or not he was going to show up at my friend Brussel's birthday party next month. I was sitting on my sofa (where I pretty much spent the entire day yesterday), watching the Pro Bowl and text messaging My Married Boyfriend.

(I tried to write a post about My Married Boyfriend yesterday, but the computer ate it. I will explain that whole thing tomorrow.)

MMB and I were talking about Pro Bowl groupies and I had just sent him a reply to his last message. I heard my text message ring tone almost immediately after I closed the phone. I opened it back up, anticipating a reply from MMB.

I was so shocked that my heart nearly stopped beating. I saw The Kid's name above the message, "watcha doin tonight".

I tried to call The Sister for guidance, but she didn't pick up. I realized that I was going to have to figure this out all by myself, like a Big Girl. So I did. I decided that whatever had happened this week, The Kid must have realized that having sex with a cute girl is better than not having sex with a cute girl. When I finally did talk to The Sister, she said maybe he was trying to prove some sort of point after I was bratty to him last Sunday. Or maybe he just did a total guy thing and forgot to text me back (though that seems fairly unlikely). Either way, I know that I had been quite pessimistic about facing at 2+ month dry spell and I decided that I didn't care enough about all my paranoid agonizing this week to keep me from continuing to hang out with him.

So I said to hell with it all and went over to his place last night. And you know what? It was normal, as if nothing had ever happened. So maybe nothing did. Maybe I made the whole thing up in my head. Or not. But it was actually a fairly perfect evening: we drank some wine, ate some potato chips, watched some Tenacious D episodes and then had some pretty dang good sex.

Lyrics of the Day

"What's your favorite posish? That's cool with me, it's not my favorite but I'll do it for you. What's your favorite dish? I'm not gonna cook it, but I'll order it from Zanzibar. And then I'm gonna love you completely." Tenacious D Fuck Her Gently

No comments: