Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Silent Treatment

I can't go into this in depth right now, as I'm nearly out of time, but I just needed to bitch to somebody about this...

I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing The Kid again.

He did not respond to my last 2 test messages (one of which was a response to a text he sent me), and it's the first time that's ever happened.

When you've been having sex with someone on a semi-regular basis for nearly two months (even if it is casual, no-strings-attached sex) and you suddenly decide that you don't want to do it anymore, isn't it common courtesy to let them know about it? Shouldn't he at least say to me, "Hey, this has been fun but it's just not working for me anymore."

Or am I asking too much?

And is there anything I can do about it? Should I reach out one last time, or should I let it go? You see, we were sorta friends first. We have an entire group of mutual friends. I could never behave normally in a social situation if I hadn't talked to him again after this. *sigh*

Damn. I knew this was coming. But that too is a post for another day. Tomorrow perhaps...

Lyrics of the Day

"We told you all of our secrets, all but one and don't you even try; the phone has been disconnected." Tori Amos Mother

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let it go .... not worth it