Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day

I figured that since this blog is about dating and my love life (or frightening lack thereof), etc. that I should at least post something on this, most infamous of holidays: Valentine's Day.

In reality, I don't care all that much about Valentine's. I'm definitely not one of those people who gets horribly depressed by the lack of a date on this day. I'm also not one of those people who would stop speaking to a boyfriend over a lack of a gift on this day.

So what does Valentine's Day have me thinking about this year?

Aside from the almost obligatory mental rehashings of past V-Days, which leads to mental rehashings of past relationships, which leads to various levels of agony and/or mortification over past relationship choices, which leads to a vague curiosity about the whereabouts of particular ex-boyfriends...

Wait, where was I again?

What's actually on my mind today is that fact that I'm sick. I've been sick mostly since Friday and despite a trip to the doctor on Monday, I seem to be distressingly slow getting back on my feet. I took Monday afternoon and the whole of yesterday off of work (which is completely out of character for me) to try to get better, and today I still feel like crap. Of course, getting called into work at 3:00 am this morning didn't help.

What I really, truly want for Valentine's Day this year is some sleep. I want a quiet evening in front of my TV, followed by at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Do you think Cupid will grant my Valentine's Day wish?

Lyrics of the Day

"Hey, are you as lonesome as I am and can we talk about it? I'm sorry if I woke you up again, I know how you love sleepin'." Best Kissers in the World You Love Sleepin'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LB. Just found your blog last week and got thru all of it just today. Love it, it is very entertaining. On dating younger men. I married at 26 to a 23 year old "boy" man. Have been happy ever since. (15 years) Small piece of advice. You think of them as boys, even the older ones, my 11 year old is into boys. Don't get discouraged. Have fun with the dating, enjoy it, even the bad ones and we have all had them. Then one day you will turn a corner and there will be "the one" and you will look back at this blog and thank your lucky stars you had so many interesting people in your life that led up to "the one". On "The Kid" enjoy him, I had a go to friend for over a year and we had so much fun, and I don't regret any of it. :0) Have great day. Love the blog.
P.L.S.

LB said...

PLS -

Thank you so much for the kind words - and maybe you're right - maybe my thinking of boys as "boys" is an indication that I'm the one that's not quite grown up enough for something real yet, and not them. Scary, but quite possible...