Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First Date

I went on my first date from Match.com. It was spontaneous and completely unexpected. It was the night that we first talked on the phone. He's a suit by day and a bit of a rocker by night. Let's just call him "Tattoo Guy" from now on.

I knew from the emails that we would have a great repore. We obviously had compatible communication styles. We decided to talk on the phone (something that I've been reluctant to do in the past), and talked for almost 40 minutes before deciding to just up-and-meet for a drink. We live fairly close to each other, so it was convenient.

The bar opened late. We didn't know this at first, but it was a fluke. So we walked to Arby's. That's right. The first date happened at Arby's. It was sorta hilarious. But I took it in stride, because that's what I do. We then moved on to the bar (The Bar, if you're wondering), when it finally opened.

It was an extremely successful first date. No awkward silences. No discomfort. Just some fun, and probably one too many drinks. I decided that I would go out with him again, if he called.

Lyrics of the Day
"I want a lover I don't have to love, I want a boy who's so drunk he doesn't talk." Bright Eyes Lover I Don't Have to Love

No comments: