Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wedding Bells

This weekend there will be wedding bells.

Of course I'm not that crazy! They won't be my wedding bells. This weekend I'm meeting Prince Charming in Des Moines, Iowa for his best friend's wedding. PC is the Best Man, and you better believe that I'm salivating at the thought of him in a tux. I'm so antsy and impatient to see PC after this nearly four-week separation that this week has been crawling by. I'm not even sure if it's crawling - it's more like I'm shoving it along as it digs in its heels.

I've never had a date at a wedding before. Someone to dance with at the reception and get teary-eyed with during the vows. It's such a romantic idea, I just can't wait.

Until that moment that I finally see my Prince Charming again, I feel like I'm merely biding my time. The job that brought me to Baltimore has gotten increasingly wearying and although I still have fun with my friends that work here with me, I'm literally counting days and hours until the wedding and then again until I'll be on a plane back to Montana for my vacation. Oh! And did I mention that I'm meeting family this weekend?! Saturday I'll be meeting PC's dad and stepmom, and possibly his half sister (though I'm not sure she'll be there). I'm nervous and excited and all I can hope is that I make a good first impression. Family is of immense importance to me and I couldn't live with his family not approving of me. Of course, PC assures me that everyone he's ever known will absolutely love me. I sure hope that he's right!

Lyrics of the Day

"Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married. Gee I really love you and we're gonna get married. Going to the chapel of love." The Dixie Cups Chapel of Love


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, wedding season. I went to a wedding in Des Moines a few weeks ago and it was brutally hot. At least it won't be that way this weekend! Have fun!!

H said...

you have nothing to worry about... once they see how he looks at you you'll be as good as gold.

Anonymous said...

I've read all your posts and love them - congrats on finding Prince Charming! I was glued to the screen reading all those posts after you met him - I couldn't wait to find out if it all worked out! I was so happy (and relieved) to find out that it did. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I linked to you on my site, and that you can check it out. If you like my site, or would just like to help a fellow blogger get some more foot traffic, then feel free to link to me as well (in a post is fine, doesn't have to be on your sidebar). Thanks!